Now Open - ARPA Reporting Portal and new User Guide for NEUs More Info
DLLG’s Values, Mission & Goals
- Trust in effective local government services.
- Believe in the self-determination of localities to pursue their own visions.
- Value every member and the diversity of all.
- Believe in collaboration and working together in ways that enhance all local governments.
- Focus on responsiveness to the needs of Delaware citizens.
League’s mission is to serve as the go-to place for and about cities, towns, and counties as a dynamic resource for advocacy, education, and best practices.
- Advance the League’s mission and be a dynamic resource for advocacy, education, and best practices;
- Increase member engagement in the League;
- Build relationships and alliances. There is strength in helping others;
- Expand communications to members and associates;
- Protect, preserve, and advance the principles of home rule to ensure that institutions of local democracy can respond to the needs of their residents;
- Strengthen the League’s legislative impact in Dover (Advocacy is a team sport!);
- Develop a strong collective voice to advocate for Delaware local governments;
- Work cooperatively with the Institute for Public Administration (IPA) at the University of Delaware to provide valuable information, training, and leadership development programs to Delaware’s local leaders;
- Plan, in collaboration with the Office of the Lieutenant Governor and DLLG members, an annual Local Government Day at Legislative Hall to engage local leaders and state elected officials;
- As an active member of the National League of Cities (NLC), enhance engagement and alliances with government agencies, public entities, organizations, businesses, and educational institutions;
- Promote DFIT’s cost-effective, pooled risk-management insurance and safety programs to address the unique exposures of local governments;
- Promote the DLLG Homeland Security Grant Program to provide grants, consulting, and resources to Delaware local governments to ensure continuity of operations, preparedness, and resilience to achieve the National Preparedness Goal (NPG) of a secure and resilient Nation;
- Collaborate with the Delaware Governor’s Office, Delaware State Treasurer’s Office, State Finance Department, DEMA, and other state agencies to disseminate State of Emergency communications and provide assistance to Delaware local governments in order to recover and move forward from the COVID-19 pandemic; and
- Work with Delaware’s Federal delegation team on the American Rescue Plan Act (ARPA), an essential federal economic relief package for local governments, and other Federal programs/initiatives.